+1

Google Search

Monday, December 6, 2010

Rani Mukherji Movies: Act in 'No One Killed Jessica


Rani Mukherji Movies: Act in 'No One Killed Jessica': Rani Mukherji’s role in No One Killed Jessica is bound to raise a lot of eyebrows. The actress has a bold and brash role, and her dialogues include a lot of expletives. This is not the first time that she has attempted using such words. Her character in her earlier films Yuva and Bichoo had her using cuss words too. Rani says, “I was comfortable using the language as I was portraying the character of a news reporter. She’s fearless and heroic in her job. I think a lot of people use such words these days.”

There has been a lot of buzz about the scene where her character is shown using the middle finger in the movie. Apparently, the censor board has taken an objection to it. Rani clarifies, “As an actor, my job is to do what the director says.” She adds that she was glad that she was playing a journalist in the film. “For once I enjoyed being on the other side of the fence where I was asking the questions.”

Elaborating about her role in No One Killed Jessica, she adds, “I play a crime reporter who deals with danger and she is comfortable in places where you are not normally at ease.” She also clarifies that her character is not inspired by some of the female journalists on TV. She says, “My character is not inspired by anyone. The director made it clear that he wanted me to build the character gradually. The role is not inspired by anyone nor is it similar to any journalist I know.

Rani had also met Jessica Lall’s sister Sabrina Lall in Delhi recently. “Sabrina was an active part in the film. The script was shown to her before we started shooting and only after she gave the go ahead did we start
shooting.”What about the cold vibes between her and Vidya Balan? Were there any? Rani says, “I enjoyed working with Vidya — she was great company. I don’t know why but Vidya would just smile whenever she saw me. I don’t know how we went through the serious scenes because we were giggling all the time,” she reveals.

0 comments:

Post a Comment | Feed

Post a Comment



 

AdSense

Followers

AdSense

ADVERTISEMENT.CO Copyright © 2010 2011 Premium Blogger Dashboard Designed by ADVERTISEMENT.CO